The Future of SEO in Canada 2022 marks the beginning of yet another era for SEO (Search Engine optimization) in Canada. As evident in the past, SEO is ever-changing and 2022 brings more possibilities for your website’s exposure online. Search engine algorithms are becoming more ‘intelligent’ as they strive to provide the correct info to the right users in the right location at the right time.
As a result, Canada and the world as a whole are moving from a keyword-based search to a semantic one. This is just one of the many aspects of SEO that you should keep in stride if you want your website to rank high in search engines. Other things that are bound to affect SEO in 2022 and beyond are mobile websites and mobile browsing, content quality, user experience optimization, and page load speeds.
Technology is going places. Today, more and more people are switching to tablets and smartphones powered by the latest telecommunication systems such as 4G networks. This means that the browsing experience on the move is ever increasing. It can be quite frustrating for one to surf a website designed for a full-screen PC on a smartphone hence the need for responsive web design. Any website dedicated to providing the ideal user experience should incorporate a responsive design for all types of devices. You can or create a dedicated mobile site with a ‘Click to Call’ feature.
One of the buzz phrases of the SEO world back in 2013 was, ‘Content is King’. This buzz phrase still holds for 2022, but in this case, it’s the quality that is going just a notch higher. Unlike previous years where the focus was on keywords – using them in the title, meta tags, URLs, etc. All the focus has now shifted to the topic of the content. Google and other search engines have studied search trends and have made great efforts to improve synonym identification and concept grouping. This implies that your content should have some synonyms related to the main keyword.
Long gone are the days that a 250-words long article would do well in improving search engine ranking. You should also advise writing longer and more relevant content given the new changes done to search engines. If but, you like writing short articles, then combining 3 or 4 of them to make one long piece can work just as well. The piece should be well written, grammatically correct, and meaningful. Rather than focus on quantity, think of its quality.
If you are an SEO expert or freelance writer or running a company and you want an authoritative backlink with high-quality content published on the ”SEOCalling” SEO blog? Check out their writing guidelines for more detail! Write for us Digital Marketing. They are providing an opportunity to write an article on their Digital Marketing website.
Other factors that should consider about content quality include:
1. Description – should focus on increasing the ‘click through’ rate. Every page on your website should have a unique and enticing meta description tag. As a standard, make sure it does not exceed 150 words.
2. Page URLs – should be readable to get a better ‘click through’ rate and back-links to other pages.
3. Structured data markup – a typical search engine like Google, Bing, or Yahoo! shows search results in the format it wants to so that visitors get the required info. Employing a structured data markup in your website provides maximum info to search engines implying that users get the information they are looking for. Author tags and publishers are the two must-have structured data markups for your website in 2022 and beyond.
The Future of SEO in Canada:
User Experience Optimization:
This is another aspect of web development or design that feeds into SEO and is tied nicely to the mobile and content points made earlier. For your website to rank high in search engines it has to be visually appealing, easy to navigate, have a call to action, and provide detailed information related to your niche.
Also note that a good experience fosters better conversion rates, social sharing, and better content performance. If it’s something you have been working on, you’ll have to do it twice as well in 2022. In summary:
- Ensure you have a call-to-action at the bottom of each webpage. It could be a social sharing/ commenting button or a subscription to your newsletter.
- Use any visitor analytics package to see which web page retains the most visitors and which does not then identify strategies to help you keep them for much longer.
Page Load Speed:
Although it has been argued that speed does not account much for search engine rankings, it does affect bounce rate. Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors to a website who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page. Faster page load speeds tend to lower the bounce rate as users are not stuck waiting around for the page to load.
These are some of the SEO trends expected to dominate websites and search engines in 2022 in Canada and throughout the world. The list may be long, but with these 4 core tips, you’ll make big strides in bringing your business further up the rankings.