Hair oils are a necessary hair care product. It is because hair oils add moisture, provide vitamins, and enhance hair shine and luster. The basic function of all hair oils is to provide nourishment, softening, and protection to hair. Different types of hair need different hair oils. Not all hair oils are alike.
Do you know why we should use hair oil? How many types of hair oils are there? What are the benefits of hair oils for men? Let’s find it out in this article!
Why Use Hair Oil?
Have you ever wondered why we should use hair oil? Our hair follicles make sebum which acts as a natural oil to keep our hair shafts healthy and moisturized. Modern hair styling and coloring methods result in insufficient sebum production. That’s where hair oil is helpful. Hair Oil complements sebum production and provides the hair craves with the necessary moisture and protection from breakage.
How to Use Hair Oil?
Follow this procedure for oiling your hair:
- The first step is to pour the oil into your scalp. After this, you should then rub your head skin with your fingertips in a circular manner.
- Once this is done, now you should apply the oil that has been left on your palm to your hair.
- Make sure that you cover the head with the help of a shower cap.
- Leave it for the night.
- In the morning, shampoo your hair slowly and effectively.
- Make sure that you rinse thoroughly.
- After you have done all this, now you should apply an air conditioner.
Types of Hair Oils:
One thing that you guys need to know is the types of hair oils. Generally, hair oils are classified into two different subcategories.
Essential Hair Oils:
Even the word essential defines this hair oil type. The best thing about these oils is quite natural. These oils extract from different parts of plants, leaves, grasses, roots, berries, and flowers. The distillation and evaporation processes use for the extraction of oils.
Commonly Used Essential Hair Oils:
Peppermint Hair Oil:
This oil extract from the leaves of peppermint and has been used for centuries to treat colds, headaches, and various digestive problems.
Benefits of Peppermint Hair Oil:
- It has a pleasant fragrance with a cooling sensation.
- Peppermint oil for hair contains methanol which is a vasodilator. Vasodilator improves blood circulation in the head which leads to hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- The use of peppermint oil improves scalp health due to its antibacterial properties.
Rosemary Essential Oil:
Rosemary essential oils are the best to go for. These oils have a number of benefits and they can help you in creating the right makeup look. Rosemary has been used for medical and culinary purposes in the Mediterranean region for centuries.
Benefits of Rosemary Hair Oil:
- Rosemary oil for hair is your ultimate go-to choice if you want to boost hair growth and improve hair thickness.
- It improves blood circulation to the hair follicles.
- Apart from preventing hair follicles from being starved of blood supply, rosemary oil prevents premature graying.
- It keeps dandruff in check.
- Due to the inflammatory properties, this oil is helpful for itchy and dry scalp.
Lemongrass Essential Oil:
Lemongrass oil is another oil that you can go for. these oils are the best for business. Oil is derived from the leaves of perennial lemongrass plants found in tropical areas like South East Asia and Africa. It has a lemon scent and the color is light yellow.
Benefits of Lemongrass Oil For Hair:
- Lemongrass keeps scalp infections at bay due to its antifungal properties.
- This oil controls hair fall. Take a tea tablespoon of carrier oil like coconut oil and add 2 drops of lemongrass oil to it. Mix them rigorously and put the oil on your scalp. Let the mixture of two hair oils be applied to your hair for 30 minutes. Wash off your hair with a conditioner or a good shampoo. Use it regularly to prevent hair fall.
- Lemongrass oil addresses dandruff. It is beneficial for itchy and dried scalps.
- It acts as a hair growth simulator by removing the dirt and other particles that are locked inside the follicles.
- Due to its astringent property, lemongrass oil keeps sebum production in control.
These oils are also known as fatty oils or carrier oils. Vegetable oils are extracted from grains, fruits, seeds of the plants. They are greasier and heavier than essential hair oils. Besides being used for cooking, vegetable oils are also utilized for hair. They are particularly beneficial for porous and damaged hair. Experts advise you to include vegetable hair oils in your hair care regimen.
Benefits of Vegetable Oils:
- Vegetable oils can fix damaged hair because they are rich in nutrients and carbohydrates. Don’t ever use cooking oil for your hair. Always used unprocessed virgin vegetable oils like jojoba or argan hair oils.
- These oils prevent hair from getting damaged due to the use of heat styling tools.
Commonly Used Vegetable Hair Oils:
Arugula Oil for Hair:
Arugula oil is one of the best oils to add to your hair routine. It extract from the arugula plant. Arugula is also used in salads. It looks like turnip tops or radish. Arugula has a mustard-like taste.
Benefits of Using Arugula Hair Oil:
- Arugula oil is rich in minerals and trace elements which give our hair a splendid look.
- Arugula extract contains Vitamin K and B9, antioxidants, and folates in abundance which boosts hair growth and makes hair fibers strong enough to resist aggressions.
The hair oils for men are helpful in numerous ways. These oils have a number of benefits that not only help you in creating the best makeup look but can strengthen your hair as well. That is why I would recommend you to go for the oils that have been mentioned above. With the help of these oils, you can create the right makeup look alongside the best hairstyle you have wanted. So, go for it.