Norton VPN is one of the most reliable names for online security. It consisted of several features that make every user attracted to it. But, at times, users find lots of error issues like Norton VPN system error 5000. In this guide, we will learn about the same and get into different troubleshooting to resolve it. So, make sure to follow this step-by-step guide for the better functioning of your norton.com/setup
Norton VPN System Error 5000: Error Description
The error occurs on the device which is enabled with the Norton VPN feature. Well, VPN provides the helping hand for modifying IP addresses, protecting online privacy, and encrypting the data traffic. But, due to this error, there occur several nuisances. You must have to check out the other section for knowing the different causes of this issue.
Causes that Lead to Norton VPN System Error 5000
There can be lots of factors leading to this issue. Such as:
- When the Internet connection is not good.
- Issues within the DNS server.
- Inappropriate firewall settings.
- And, lots more
Any of these causes can lead to this issue. So, we try to fix every one of them from the troubleshooting given below. Well, the user needs to first identify the issue with the symptoms. Therefore, get into the next part of norton.com/setup.
Symptoms to Identify Norton VPN Error 5000
Through these signs, you will surely identify the Norton VPN error 5000.
- Frequently disconnect within the system
- Issues while trying
- System stops working
Now, let’s get into the rest of the part and learn different solutions to resolve the issue.
Solutions to Resolve Norton Secure VPN
There are lots of ways through which you can troubleshoot the Norton secure VPN. Such as:
1. Create an Exception in the Firewall
This is the first solution which we will use to create an exception in the firewall. Make sure to go through each step wisely to fix this issue.
- Move towards the Window button.
- Enter Firewall there.
- Now, you need to choose the tab named Firewall & Network Protection.
- Once done hit another tab that is titled Allow an app through firewall.
- Head towards the Change Settings.
- Thereafter, try to search for the Norton Secure VPN.
- Moreover, try to enable the Private and Public tab.
- Choose Allow another app now.
2. Update and Restart the Norton Software
You can move towards the official site of Norton norton.com/setup to find out any available latest release. Once finding it, just download and install the updates and restart your system to save the changes. Thereafter, just check if you still facing the same issue or not. There must not be any error and symptoms now. However, if there is, then head towards the third solution.
3. Modify the DNS Settings
As DNS setting can lead to the issue. So, we will try to modify it with the following steps. Conduct each step wisely for conducting the procedure.
- The user needs to move towards Windows.
- Perform a right-click on the Start button.
- Thereafter, choose the Network Connection button.
- After that, choose Change adapter now.
- Perform a right-click on the Internet connection.
- From the list, choose Properties.
- Make sure that you double-click on the tab named Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Now, you need to choose another tab titled Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Try to set 220.127.116.11 to the Preferred DNS server
- And, 18.104.22.168 to Alternate DNS server.
- Hit the Ok button now.
- Finally, you need to connect with Norton Secure VPN.
4. Examine the Root Certificates
- To initiate, hit the Start button.
- Enter Certificates thereafter.
- Choose Manage computer certificates now.
- Once done, try to access the Personal folder located in the left corner.
- Head towards the Issued By section and try to search for SurfEasy.
- If you find multiple Surfeasy entries then try to clear the old ones.
- You can do it by heading towards the Expiration date.
- The procedure should be the same for Intermediate Certification Authorities and Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
5. Reinstalling WAN Miniport Drivers
- Perform a right-click on the Windows Start menu.
- Thereafter, choose Device manager.
- Now, open the Network Adapters.
- Head towards the WAN Miniport (IKEv2) and perform a right-click n the same.
- From the list, choose Uninstall device.
- Conduct the same procedure for two objects like WAN Miniport drivers and WAN Miniport drivers (IP).
- Access the Action tab now.
- Choose Scan for hardware changes option.
- Finally, just open norton.com/setup and see if the issue gets fixed or not.
We hope that the Norton VPN error 5000 has been resolved now. If the error is not fixed then make sure to check the internet connection as it can also lead to such issues. From these different solutions, you will definitely fix the issue in no time. Get into the other post if you are facing any other issues within the Norton application.