In this world of digitalization, the usual operations and actions of our businesses are changing from physical to virtual world. Modern technologies and the internet are transforming the way people work. The same is true about business meetings. Previously, we plan about a meeting, decide on the venue and timings, and then organize that meeting. This involves a great many hurdles for quick meetings. Things have now changed a lot; a more convenient option has come in the form of Web Conferencing to facilitate businesses with meetings no matter where all the stakeholders are.
Everyone is well aware of the importance of conferences in the progress of a business. Meetings provide opportunities for organizations to discuss perspectives, exchange ideas, and contemplate problem-solving. Hence, a business conference call is not only easy to manage during virtual meetings but saves plenty of time and money. This is a very powerful tool provided by modern technology for businesses as well as learning platforms. If you want to learn what exactly is web conferencing, how does it work, and what are its features and benefits, continue reading!
What is Web Conferencing?
It is an internet-based conference service by which you can hold live meetings, presentations, and training. You can use either your telephone or your computer’s speakers and microphone through a VoIP connection for connecting to the conference.
For organizing and connecting to conference videos, you require a webcam, a microphone, a monitor and a sound system, and a web browser. Moreover, on a basic level, it also requires an internet connection and a codec for audio/video compression. Web conferencing is often used interchangeably with video conferencing.
From a broader perspective, video conferencing provides a web meeting, webcast, and webinar solution. It can also help businesses in hosting online events. Web-based conferencing has many built-in features that we will discuss in the latter part of this blog.
How does Web-Based Conferencing Work?
Video conferencing usually needs a range of equipment and an on-premise server but web-conferencing can take place with any device that has a camera and a microphone (be it a laptop, tablet, or mobile phone) from any location on the planet. This is because the meeting is held via the internet and not on a business’s internal network. Now let’s understand the process of web-conferencing.
- In order to organize a web conference, the organizer should send invitations or notifications about the conference to the possible participants and guidelines for the application installation.
- Every web conference meeting is organized for a program or a plan. The plan is sent to the participants prior to the meeting. This will help them get familiar with the list of issues that will be discussed and their order.
Features of a Web Conference:
The internet-based conference videos have many advanced features. In a web conference, there are all chances to:
- Plan and invite other participants
- Check the presence and the availability of other participants
- It also allows you to share the screen: joint access to the screen and different applications that are being used during the web conference
- You can also use a whiteboard that allows a visual demonstration and analysis of ideas with web-conferencing
- You are allowed to show web presentations: each speaker makes a presentation about a particular issue and demonstrates it to the other participants
- If you want, it facilitates to co-browse websites and web pages for finding out any additional information or necessary data about the discussing problems
- Web-conferencing also provides annotations
- The business conference call also offers the feature of instant chatting: all participants can discuss some issues not interrupting the speech
- Almost all conferences, seminars, meetings, presentations, and other similar events are full of negotiations and discussions. There are always some participants who are not comfortable with others or do not follow the rules of the online conference. In order to manage them during an online meeting, web-conferencing allows the role of moderator.
- With it, you can enjoy the benefits of VoIP connection and video connection.
- It offers useful tools for feedback accumulation (for example, surveys).
- You can also record the web conference. Some participants may have missed the meeting or some parts of it. The recording is very useful for information recovery. Also, social networks currently provide huge opportunities to publish videos and get more audience. Depending on the purpose and content, web conferences are posted to be available for a greater number of people.
Meetings are the essence of every business and since the outburst of the COVID-19, physical meetings are very tough to arrange. This is why online meetings have become a central part of daily operations for many businesses around the globe. Besides offering ease in managing a meeting, web conferencing has many benefits for businesses like saving on time and money. However, only the right web-conferencing tool can facilitate the meeting process and offer all those benefits.